Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.Emmet Fox
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- a period during which one is seated for a specific purpose
- Due to the sheer volume of guests, we had to have two sittings for the meal.
- The Queen had three sittings for her portrait.
- a legislative session
- the act (of a bird) of incubating eggs; the clutch of eggs under a brooding bird
a period during which one is seated for a specific purpose
the act (of a bird) of incubating eggs; the clutch of eggs under a brooding bird
- Present participle of sit.
Adjectivesitting (not comparable)
Elsewhere on the web