Visit the forum if you have a language query!
skola c. IPA: sku:la
|Inflection for skola||Singular||Plural|
- shall, will, be going to; used in the present tense (ska or skall) with a main verb in the infinitive to give the future tense, mostly intended future, or used in the past tense (skulle) with a main verb in the infinitive to express the conditional mood or the future of the past.
- jag ska äta = I shall eat
- jag skulle äta, om... = I would eat, if...
- jag skulle just äta när... = I was just going to eat when...
- jag skulle ha ätit färdigt innan.... = I should have finnished eating before...
By semantic reasons, this verb hardly ever appears in the infinitive, why the infinitive is unknown to many or perceived as archaic. The perception of the infinitive as archaic may also be a consequence of the fact that it once also was the form of the present tense used for plural subjects, a category of inflection that is obsolete in modern Swedish.
Elsewhere on the web