Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us.Guy De Maupassant
to slant (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- A slope or incline.
- The house was built on a bit of a slant and was never quite level.
- A bias, tendency, or leaning; a perspective or angle.
- It was a well written article, but it had a bit of a leftist slant.
- (pejorative) A person of Asian descent
Third person singular
- To lean, tilt or incline.
- If you slant the track a little more, the marble will roll down it faster.
- To bias or skew.
- The group tends to slant its policies in favor of the big businesses it serves.
Elsewhere on the web