Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (uncountable) A fine-grained homogeneous sedimentary rock composed of clay or volcanic ash which has been metamorphosed so that it cleaves easily into thin layers.
- (uncountable) The bluish-grey colour of most slate.
- (countable) A sheet of slate for writing on with chalk.
- (countable) A tile made of slate.
- (countable) A record of money owed.
- Put it on my slate – I’ll pay you next week.
- (countable) A list of affiliated candidates for an election.
- Roy Disney led the alternative slate of directors for the stockholder vote.
Adjectiveslate (not comparable)
Third person singular
- (chiefly Template loop detected: Template:context 2) To criticise harshly.
- The play was slated by the critics.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To schedule.
- The election was slated for November 2nd.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To destine or strongly expect.
- The next version of our software is slated to be the best release ever.
Elsewhere on the web