Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.Edward Flaherty
- Rhymes: -aɪdə(r)
- Agent noun of slide; one who slides.
- (baseball) A pitch thrown with added pressure by middle and ring fingers yielding a combination of backspin and sidespin, resulting in a motion to the left when thrown by a right handed pitcher.
- The closer had a wicked slider that was almost unhittable.
- (cricket) A similar delivery in which the wrist and ring finger work to impart backspin to the ball.
- A small greasy hamburger.
- We ordered five sliders.
- (curling) A piece of teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe that allows the player to slide along the ice.
- (graphical user interface) A widget allowing the user to select a value on a sliding scale.
- (graphical user interface) Any sliding component, such as the thumb of a scroll bar.
- cut fastball
- two-seam fastball
- split finger fastball
Elsewhere on the web