Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People do not lack strength; they lack will.Victor Hugo
- A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- A tooth projecting beyond the rest; contemptuously, a broken or decayed tooth.
- A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- One of the secondary branches of an antler.
- As in cloth, a pulled thread or yarn.
- (figuratively) A problem or difficulty with something.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A sausage.
a stump or base of a branch
a tooth projecting beyond the rest
a tree fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water
one of the secondary branches of an antler
australia: a sausage
Third person singular
- To catch or tear (e.g. fabric) upon a rough surface or projection
- Be careful not to snag your stockings on that concrete bench!
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line, intending to impale the body (rather than the mouth) of the target
- We snagged for spoonbill from the eastern shore of the Mississippi river.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To pick up (something)
- Ella snagged a bottle of water from the fridge before leaving for her jog.
fishing: to fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line
slang: to pick up
Elsewhere on the web