Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy man never laughs—seldom—though he may smile. He does not need to laugh, for laughter, like weeping is a relief of mental tension—and the happy are not over strung.Prof. F. A. P. Aveling
- sōl'jə(r), /ˈsəʊldʒə(r)/, /"s@UldZ@(r)/
- Rhymes: -əʊldʒə(r)
- sŏl'jə(r), /ˈsɒldʒə(r)/, /"sQldZ@(r)/
- Rhymes: -ɒldʒə(r)
- help, file
- A member of an army, of any rank.
- A guardsman.
- A member of the Salvation Army.
- (UK) A piece of buttered bread (or toast), cut into a long thin strip and dipped into a soft-boiled egg.
- A term of affection for a young boy.
member of an army
UK: a piece of buttered bread or toast
a term of affection for a young boy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- To continue.
- To be a soldier.
Elsewhere on the web