Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A musical piece with lyrics (or "words to sing"); prose that one can sing.
- He wrote a beautiful song about her.
- A musical sound by a bird.
- A musical sound by insect, whale or some other animal which sounds melodious to humans.
- I love hearing the song of canary birds.
- Something that cost only a little.
- He bought that car for a song.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- IPA: [sɔŋg]
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of three tones, sōng, sǒng, or sòng.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Elsewhere on the web