Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Man was predestined to have free will.Hal Luyah
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adjectivesorry (comparative sorri, superlative er)
- Possessing sorrow or regret.
- I am sorry I stepped on your toes. It was an accident.
- Poor, sad or regrettable.
- The storm left his garden in a sorry state.
possessing sorrow or regret
- Expresses regret, remorse, or sorrow.
- Sorry! I didn't see that you were on the phone.
- Used as a request for someone to repeat something not heard or understood clearly.
- Sorry? What was that? The phone cut out.
- (request to repeat): I beg your pardon?, I'm sorry?, Come again?, Excuse me? (US)
expression of regret or sorrow
request to repeat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web