Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every perfect life is a parable invented by God.Simone Weil
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Polish
- (RP) enPR: sōl, IPA: /səʊl/, SAMPA: /s@Ul/
- (GenAm) enPR: sōl, IPA: /soʊl/, SAMPA: /soUl/
- Rhymes: -oʊl
- help, file
- The spirit or essence of a person usually thought to consist of one's thoughts and personality. Often believed to live on after the person’s death.
- The spirit or essence of anything.
- Life, energy, vigor.
- This place has no soul
- (music) Soul music.
- A person, especially as one among many.
- For examples of the usage of this word see the citations page.
terms derived from the noun "soul"
the spirit or essence of a person that is believed to live on after the person’s death
Life, energy, vigour
A person, especially as one among many
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- IPA: /su/
Elsewhere on the web