Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's finger.Hans Christian Anderson
- Rhymes: -aʊndɪŋ
- The action of the verb to sound
- The sounding of the bells woke me from sleep
- A measured depth of water
- The sailor took a sounding every five minutes
- The act of inserting of a thin metal rod into the urethra of the penis for sexual pleasure
Adjectivesounding (not comparable)
- Emitting a sound.
- The sounding bell woke me up.
- Present participle of sound.
- Little Mary was sounding very sleepy, so I tucked her in bed.
Elsewhere on the web