Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In Texas, years ago, almost all of the oil came from surface operations. Then someone got the idea that there were greater sources of supply deeper down. A well was drilled five thousand feet deep. The result? A gusher. Too many of us operate on the surface. We never go deep enough to find supernatural resources. The result is, we never operate at our best. More time and investment is involved to go deep but a gusher will pay off.Alfred A. Montapert
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The faculty of speech; the ability to speak or to use vocalizations to communicate.
- It was hard to hear the sounds of his speech over the noise.
- (countable) A session of speaking; a long oral message given publicly usually by one person.
- The candidate made some ambitious promises in his campaign speech.
an oration, session of speaking
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web