Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- (transitive) To drop something so that it spreads out or makes a mess; to pour.
- I spilled some sticky juice onto the kitchen floor.
- (intransitive) To spread out or fall out, as above
- Some sticky juice spilled onto the kitchen floor.
- (countable) A mess of something that has been dropped.
- A fall or stumble.
- The bruise is from a bad spill he had last week.
- A small piece of paper used to light a candle, cigarette etc by transfer a flame from a fire.
- For examples of the usage of this word see the citations page.
- Waste, unusable surplus material.
- Imperative of spilla.
Elsewhere on the web