Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.Thomas Carlyle
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- The undying essence of a human. The soul.
- A supernatural being, often but not exclusively without physical form; ghost, fairy, angel.
- School spirit is at an all-time high.
- The manner or style of something.
- In the spirit of forgiveness, we didn't press charges.
- (usually Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A volatile liquid, such as alcohol. The plural form spirits is a generic term for distilled alcoholic beverages.
- spirit away (verb)
- spirit level
- Holy Spirit
- in good spirits
- in spirit (adverb)
the soul of a person or other living being
a supernatural being
manner or style
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
declension of spirit
Elsewhere on the web