Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.Charles Dickens
- Rhymes: -ɒd
- a group of people organized for some common purpose, usually of about ten members.
- a unit of tactical military personnel, or of police officers, usually of about ten members
- (sports) a team, usually of about ten members.
- (cricket) a group of potential players from whom a team and twelfth man are chosen
- (soccer) The collective noun for a team of footballers
Elsewhere on the web