From Anglo-Norman estorie, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] historia, from Ancient Greek ἱστορία (historia), “‘history’”). Compare history and storey (“‘floor of a building’”).
- An account of real or fictional events.
- The book tells the story of two roommates.
- A lie.
- You’ve been telling stories again, haven’t you?
- A floor or level of a building (mainly US - see storey).
- Our shop was on the fourth story of the building — we had to install an elevator.
Elsewhere on the web