Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is warfare.Seneca
Third person singular
- (transitive) To kill someone by strangulation (squeezing the throat so as to cut off the oxygen supply); to choke, suffocate or throttle.
- He strangled his wife and dissolved the body in acid.
- (transitive) To stifle or suppress an action.
- She strangled a scream.
- (intransitive) To be killed by strangulation, or become strangled.
- The cat slipped from the branch and became strangled by its bell-colla.
Elsewhere on the web