Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- (UK) IPA: /ˈstɹɔːb(ə)ɹi/, SAMPA: /"strO:bri/
- (US) enPR: sträʹbĕr'ē, IPA: /ˈstɻɑːˌbɛɻi/ SAMPA: /"strA:%bEri/
- The juicy, usually red, edible fruit of certain plants of the genus Fragaria.
- They went to pick strawberries today.
- Any plant of the genus Fragaria (that bears such fruit).
- She has the best strawberry patch I've ever seen.
- (colour) A red colour, like that of the fruit; strawberry red.
- (rare) Something resembling a strawberry, especially a reddish bruise or birthmark.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Adjectivestrawberry (not comparable)
- Containing or having the flavor of strawberries.
- I'd like a large strawberry shake.
- Flavored with ethyl methylphenylglycidate, an artificial compound which is said to resemble the taste of strawberries.
- Of a red colour.
- The strawberry lipstick makes her look younger.
Elsewhere on the web