Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourselfJames Van Der Zee
- Rhymes: -ʌmp
- the remains of something that has been cut off; especially the remains of a tree, the remains of a limb
- (politics) the place where a campaign takes place
- (politics) an occasion at which the campaign takes place
- (cricket) one of three small wooden posts which together with the bails make the wicket and that the fielding team attempt to hit with the ball
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) an artists’ drawing tool made of rolled paper used to smudge or blend marks made with charcoal, Conté crayon, pencil or other drawing media
- wooden or concrete poles used to support a house.
remains of something that has been cut off
(cricket) a wooden post forming part of the wicket
Third person singular
- (intransitive) to baffle; to be unable to find an answer to a question or problem.
- This last question has me stumped.
- (intransitive) to campaign
- He’s been stumping for that reform for months.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) to get a batsman out stumped
- (intransitive) to walk heavily or clumsily
to get a batsman out stumped
to walk heavily or clumsily
Elsewhere on the web