Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.Thomas γ Kempis
Third person singular
- (transitive) To incapacitate.
- Bill tried to stun the snake by striking it on the head.
- In many European countries cattle has to be stunned before slaughtering.
- He stood there stunned, looking at the beautiful, breath-taking sunrise.
- (transitive) To shock or surprise.
- The celebrity was stunned to find herself confronted with unfounded allegiations on the front page of a newspaper.
- (snooker, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To hit the cue ball with no spin, so that it continues in a natural angle after contact with the object ball
to shock or surprise
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web