Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.Joan Crawford
- (uncountable) The quality or fact of being subtle.
- With all his usual subtlety, he quietly fixed the problem before anyone else noticed it.
- (countable) An instance of being subtle, a subtle thing, especially a subtle argument or distinction.
- The subtleties of this overture are often overlooked.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An ornate medieval illusion dish or table decoration, especially when made from one thing but crafted to look like another.
- At the king's coronation feast, several subtleties were served between main courses.
quality or act of being subtle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web