Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I count life just a stuff to try the soul's strength on.Robert Browning
Adjectivesubtonic (not comparable)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Of or pertaining to imperfectly articulated sounds or utterances that are inaudible or barely audible, as characterized by Dr. James Rush (Guide to Pronunciation, 1833).
- (music) The note immediately below the upper note of a musical scale.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An imperfectly articulated sound or utterance, as characterized by Dr. James Rush (Guide to Pronunciation, 1833).
- “subtonic” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “subtonic” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
Elsewhere on the web