Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Most of us experience happiness when we are enjoying life and feeling free, enjoying the process and products of our creative and intellectual processes, enjoying the ecstasy of transcendent oneness with the universe.James Muriel
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- The achievement of one's aim or goal.
- His third attempt to pass the entrance exam was a success.
- (business) financial profitability.
- A person who achieves his or her goals.
- Scholastically, he was a success.
achievement of one's aim or goal
(business) financial profitability
person who achieves his or her goals
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “success” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "success" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web