Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From Anglo-Norman suggestioun, Old French suggestioun (modern French suggestion), from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] suggestio, from suggero (“‘suggest’”).
- (countable) Something suggested.
- I have a small suggestion: try lifting the left side up a bit.
- Traffic signs seem to be more of a suggestion than an order.
- (uncountable) The act of suggestion.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Something implied, which the mind is liable to take as fact.
- He's somehow picked up the suggestion that I like peanuts.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Genitive singular form of suggestio.
Elsewhere on the web