Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Borrowed from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]]. From suī (“of its own”) + generis, the genitive of genus (“kind”). Literally meaning “of its own kind”.
Adjectivesui generis (not comparable)
- In a class of its own; one of a kind.
- Anyone who considers the Femmes sui generis has never listened to the Velvets.
- 1995, How To Do Things With Words, by J.L. Austin
- We see him as he sees himself, surveying the invisible depths of ethical space, with all the distinction of a specialist in the sui generis.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) By itself; of its own.
- It is nothing to worry about sui generis, but in context of the other factors it's alarming indeed.
Elsewhere on the web