Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, and love. They do not require coupons.George T. Hewitt
- The time of day when the sun disappears below the western horizon.
- The changes in color of the sky at sunset.
- (figuratively) The final period of the life or a person or thing.
- (attributively) Of or relating to the final period of the life of a person or thing.
- one's sunset years
- (time): dusk, sundown (US), nightfall, twilight
- (change in color of the sky at sunset):
- (final period of life): end, final act, swansong
- (attributively: of or relating to the final period of life): last, terminal, twilight
time of day
changes in color of sky at sunset
final period of life
attributively: of or relating to the final period of life
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ Chambers Dictionary of Etymology, Robert K. Barnhart (ed.), Chambers, 1988
Elsewhere on the web