Visit the forum if you have a language query!
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
French supposer; prefix sub- under + poser to place; - corresponding in meaning to [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] supponere, suppositum, to put under, to substitute, falsify, counterfeit. See pose.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To take for granted; to conclude, with less than absolute supporting data; to believe.
- Suppose that A implies B and B implies C. Then A implies C.
- (transitive) To theorize or hypothesize.
- I suppose we all agree that this is the best solution.
- assume (1,2)
- First-person singular present indicative of supposer.
- Third-person singular present indicative of supposer.
- First-person singular present subjunctive of supposer.
- Third-person singular present subjunctive of supposer.
- Second-person singular imperative of supposer .
Elsewhere on the web