Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is a friendship caught on fire.Northern Exposure
- 1 English
- 2 Finnish
- 3 French
- 4 Old English
- 5 Romanian
- 6 Swedish
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adjectivesure (comparative sur, superlative er)
- Physically secure and certain, non-failing, reliable.
physically secure and certain, reliable
yes, of course
- 1996, T.F. Hoad, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0192830988
- Indicative present connegative form of surra.
- Second-person singular imperative present form of surra.
- Second-person singular imperative present connegative form of surra.
From Germanic, related to sūr ‘sour’.
- IPA: /'su:re/
- plural feminine/neuter form of sur
- See sur
Elsewhere on the web