Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's discouraging to make a mistake, but it's humiliating when you find out you're so unimportant that nobody noticed it.Chuck Daly
See also Swede
The Swedes introduced the plant to the English in the 1700's -> Swedish turnip -> swede.
- IPA: /swi:d/
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The fleshy yellow root of a variety of rape, Brassica napus, resembling a large turnip, grown as a vegetable.
- The plant from which this is obtained.
- (Scotland, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The turnip.
- (plant): rutabaga (US, Canada)
- (vegetable): rutabaga (US, Canada), neep (Scotland), yellow turnip (US), winter turnip
yellow root of Brassica napus
Elsewhere on the web