Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] synōnymum < Ancient Greek συνώνυμον (sunōnumon), neuter singular form of συνώνυμος (sunōnumos), “‘synonymous’”) < σύν (“‘with’”) + ὄνομα (“‘name’”).
- (semantics, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A word or phrase with a meaning that is the same as, or very similar to, the word or phrase.
- “Happy” is a synonym of “glad”.
- 1991, William T. Parry, Edward A. Hacker, Aristotelian Logic,
- The proportion of English words that have an exact synonym is small.
- (zoology, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any of the formal names for the taxon, including the valid name (i.e. the senior synonym).
- (botany, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any name for the taxon, usually a validly published, formally accepted one, but often also an unpublished name.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- synonymous (with)
synonym (not comparable)
Elsewhere on the web