Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Those who live are those who fight.Victor Hugo
See Usage notes
- (some northern English dialects) The.
- Before a vowel, t' is usually written and pronounced as if appended to the following word.
- In He can't make up his mind if he wants one or t'other (= He can't make up his mind if he wants one or the other) t'other is pronounced as if spelled "tother". Sometimes it is pronounced as a glottal stop.
- Before a consonant, t' is pronounced as a glottal stop following the preceding word.
- In I'm going down t' road to see me mam ( = I'm going down the road to see my mother), down t' is pronounced as down followed by a glottal stop.
- clitic form of te.
- Je t’ai vu - I saw you.
- (slang) enclitic form of tu.
- T’as vu mon frère? - You seen my brother?
Elsewhere on the web