Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- IPA: /'tæn.dʒənt/
- (geometry) A straight line touching a curve at a single point without crossing it there.
- (trigonometry) In a right triangle, the ratio of the length of the side opposite the angle to the length of the side adjacent to the angle. Symbol: tan
- A topic nearly unrelated to the main topic, but having a point in common with it.
- I believe we went off onto a tangent when we started talking about unicycles.
- A small metal blade by which a clavichord produces sound.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Adjectivetangent (not comparable)
- (geometry) Touching a curve at a single point but not crossing it at that point.
- Of a topic, only loosely related to a main topic.
- key (button on a typewriter or computer keyboard)
This Swedish entry was created from the translations listed at key. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see tangent in the Swedish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Elsewhere on the web