Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.Anna Strong
- Rhymes: -ɛmpt
Third person singular
- (transitive) To provoke someone to do wrong, especially by promising a reward; to entice.
- She tempted me to eat the apple.
- (transitive) To attract; to allure.
- Its glossy skin tempted me.
- (transitive) To provoke something; to court.
- It would be tempting fate.
To provoke someone to do wrong, especially by promising a reward; to entice
To provoke something; to court
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web