Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is unfortunately very true that, without leisure and money, love can be no more than an orgy of the common man. Instead of being a sudden impulse full of ardor and reverie, it becomes a distastefully utilitarian affair.Charles Baudelaire
- (music) A tempo mark directing that a note or passage is to be held for the full time
- (music) A passage having this mark
- (music) In a sustained manner
- (music) describing a passage having this mark
- Past participle of tenere.
Elsewhere on the web