Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.Guillaume Apollinaire
- A building in an airport where passengers transfer from ground transportation to the facilities that allow them to board airplanes.
- A rail station where service begins and ends; the end of the line. For example: Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
- In electronics, the end of a line where signals are either transmitted or received, or a point along the length of a line where the signals are made available to apparatus.
- An electric contact on a battery.
- In telecommunications, the apparatus to send and/or receive signals on a line, such as a telephone or network device.
- (computing) In the context of computer hardware, a device for entering data into a computer or a communications system and/or displaying data received, especially a device equipped with a keyboard and some sort of textual display.
- (computing) A computer program that emulates a terminal (6).
- (computing theory) A terminal symbol in a formal grammar.
Adjectiveterminal (not comparable)
- Fatal, resulting in death.
- Appearing at the end, top or apex of a physical object.
- Occurring at the end of a word, sentence, or period of time.
terminal m. and f. (plural terminales)
Nounterminal m. (plural terminales)
- (closure): terminación
Elsewhere on the web