Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.Don Marquis
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK, US) IPA: /ðɛn/, SAMPA: /DEn/
- (Canada) IPA: /ðen/
- help, file
- Homophones: unstressed than
- Rhymes: -ɛn
Old English þonne
Adverbthen (not comparable)
- at that time
- He was happy then.
- soon afterward.
- He fixed it, then left.
- next in order; in addition.
- There are three green ones, then a blue one.
- in that case.
- If it’s locked, then we’ll need the key.
- at the same time; on the other hand.
- That’s a nice shirt, but then, so is the other one.
at that time
next in order
in that case
at the same time; on the other hand
Adjectivethen (not comparable)
- being so at that time
being so at that time
- that time
- It will be finished before then.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web