Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is like eating artichokes, you have got to go through so much to get so little.Thomas A. Dorgan
Old English þynne
Adjectivethin (comparative thinner, superlative thinnest)
- Slim, narrow in size, and (of a person or animal) usually carrying little fat.
- Of low viscosity or low specific gravity, e.g., as is water compared to honey.
- Overly strict.
- (sports) A poorly played golf shot where the ball is struck by the bottom part of the club head. See fat, shank, toe.
- Wikisaurus has an article on “thin” in the sense of “skinny”.
slim, narrow in size
of low viscosity or low specific gravity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
Elsewhere on the web