Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
See also Thing
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- That which is considered to exist as a separate entity, object, quality or concept.
- A word, symbol, sign or other referent that can be used to refer to any entity.
- An individual object or distinct entity.
- (law) whatever can be owned.
- the latest fad or fashion.
- (in plural) clothes, possessions or equipment.
- A unit.
- Get me a thing of apple juice at the store.
- In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
- (in certain fixed expressions) A problem, dilemma, or complicating factor.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A penis.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Luke 1:1
- Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us...
a separate entity or concept
any physical or psychical entity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web