Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What will not woman, gentle woman dare; when strong affection stirs her spirit up?Robert Southey
|< 2nd||3rd||4th >|
| Ordinal : third|
Cardinal : three
- (UK) enPR: thû(r)d, IPA: /θɜː(ɹ)d/, SAMPA: /T3:(r)d/
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)d
- (US) enPR: thûrd, IPA: /θɝd/, SAMPA: /T3`d/
Ordinal numberthird (not comparable)
- The ordinal form of the cardinal number three; Coming after the second.
- The third tree from the left is my favorite.
the ordinal form of the cardinal number three
- The person or thing in the third position.
- Jones came in third.
- One of three equal parts of a whole.
- He ate a third of the pie. Divided by two-thirds.
- (uncountable) The third gear of an engine.
- Now put it into third.
- (music) An interval consisting of the first and third notes in a scale.
- They sing in thirds.
- (baseball) third base
- The play ended with Jones standing on third.
- (gear): third gear
person or thing in the third position
one of three equal parts of a whole
Elsewhere on the web