Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When we understand that man is the only animal who must create meaning, who must open a wedge into neutral nature, we already understand the essence of love. Love is the problem of an animal who must find life, create a dialogue with nature in order to experience his own being.Ernest Becker
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- an idea; an instance of thinking.
- (uncountable) the state or condition of thinking.
- The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it’s unfamiliar territory. —Paul Fix
- A particular way of thinking-that associated with a group, nation or region.
- "Eastern thought".
Terms derived from the noun "thought"
the state or condition of thinking
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Simple past tense and past participle of think.
Elsewhere on the web