Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love fools experiments. I am always making them.Charles Darwin
Old English þrēatian
Third person singular
- To make a threat against someone; to use threats.
- He threatened me with a knife.
- To menace, or be dangerous.
- The rocks threatened the ship's survival.
- To portend, or give a warning.
- The black clouds threatened heavy rain.
To make a threat against someone; to use threats
To menace, or be dangerous
To portend, or give a warning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web