Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is only one happiness in life—to love and to be loved.George Sand
Adjectivethrifty (comparative thrift, superlative ier)
- Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal.
- Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a thrifty farmer or mechanic.
- Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty plant or colt.
- Secured by thrift; well husbanded.
- Well appearing; looking or being in good condition; becoming.
- See also Wikisaurus:frugal
Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web