Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
- Rhymes: -aɪv
Third person singular
- To grow or increase in bulk or stature; to grow vigorously or luxuriantly, to flourish.
- 1819: “It seems to me, reverend father,” said the knight, “that the small morsels which you eat, together with this holy, but somewhat thin beverage, have thriven with you marvellously.” — Walter Scott, Ivanhoe
- To increase in wealth or success; to prosper, be profitable.
- Since expanding in June, the business has really thrived.
- See also Wikisaurus:prosper
Elsewhere on the web