Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.Crowfoot
- (idiomatic) To discard; to dispense with something; to throw away.
- Just throw out that pen if it doesn't write anymore.
- They decided to throw out the idea because it would have been too expensive.
- (idiomatic) To dismiss or expel someone from any longer performing duty or attending somewhere.
- The board threw the man out, because he wouldn't cooperate and agree with their plans to remodernize the facility.
- The ushers threw the woman out of the auditorium, because she kept shouting out insults to the guest of honor when he made his speech.
Elsewhere on the web