Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness.Oliver Wendell Holmes
Third person singular
- See also Wikisaurus:hinder
to prevent; to halt; to cause failure
- (nautical) A brace, perpendicular to the keel, that helps maintain the beam (breadth) of a marine vessel against external water pressure and that may serve to support the rail.
- A well made doughout canoe rarely needs a thwart.
- (nautical) A seat that is incorporated into the design of a small boat's thwart.
- The fisherman sat on the aft thwart to row.
A seat attached to both sides of a boat
Elsewhere on the web