Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -aɪdi
Adjectivetidy (comparative tidier, superlative tidiest)
- Arranged neatly and in order.
- Keep Britain tidy.
- Not messy; neat and controlled.
- (informal) Generous, considerable.
- The scheme made a tidy profit.
Third person singular
- To make tidy.
- (Wales) Expression of positive agreement, usually in reply to a question.
Often used by people from South Wales to end a sentence or as a reply to a question meaning "Great" or "Fine", for example "I'm going to the shops for ten fags" may get the reply "Tidy."
Elsewhere on the web