Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The hardest habit of all to break is the terrible habit of happiness.Theodosia Garrison
- Rhymes: -aɪmɪŋ
- (obsolete) An occurrence or event.
- (uncountable) The regulation of the pace of e.g. an athletic race, the speed of an engine, the delivery of a joke, or the occurrence of a series of events.
- (uncountable) The time when something happens.
- (uncountable) The synchronization of the firing of the spark plugs in an internal combustion engine.
- (countable) An instance of recording the time of something.
terms derived from timing
obsolete: occurrence or event
the regulation of the pace
- Present participle of time.
Elsewhere on the web