Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
- A small building (or "vault") for the remains of the dead, with walls, a roof, and (if it is to be used for more than one corpse) a door. It may be partly or wholly in the ground (except for its entrance) in a cemetery, or it may be inside a church proper or in its crypt. Single tombs may be permanently sealed; those for families (or other groups) have doors for access whenever needed.
- Armenian: դամբարան (dambaran)
- Czech: hrobka cs(cs) f.
- Dutch: tombe
- Finnish: hauta, hautakappeli, hautakammio
- German: Grabmal n.
- Greek: τάφος el(el) (táfos) m., ταφικό μνημείο
- Russian: гробница ru(ru) (grobnítsa) f.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To bury.
Elsewhere on the web