Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of a time are like the clothes of a season: they are as arbitrary, as much imposed by some superior will which is seldom explicit. They are utilitarian and political, the instruments of smooth-running government.Wyndham Lewis
topless (no comparative or superlative)
- lacking a top
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Not wearing a garment covering the top half of the body; naked from the waist up.
- The council voted to allow topless swimmers on the beach.
- Involving women that are naked from the waist up, often strippers or dancers.
- Only her closest friends knew that Jenny was working at a topless bar to help with college expenses.
- Fred didn't tell his wife that the convention had involved a fair amount of topless entertainment.
- (automotive) a convertible car having the top retracted or otherwise open
- bare-breasted (of a woman)
- bare-chested (of a man)
- shirtless (of a man)
- Italian: col seno scoperto
- Spanish: en topless, de topless
- Swedish: topless (2), topless- (3), öppen (4)
Elsewhere on the web