Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)tʃə(r)
- To intentionally force someone to experience agony.
- Using large dogs to attack bound, hand-cuffed prisoners is clearly torture.
- In every war there are acts of torture that cause the world to shudder.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The "suffering of the heart" imposed by one on another, as in personal relationships.
- Every time she says 'goodbye' it is torture!
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To intentionally inflict pain or suffering on (someone).
- People who torture often have sadistic tendencies.
- First-person singular present indicative of torturer.
- Third-person singular present indicative of torturer.
- First-person singular present subjunctive of torturer.
- Third-person singular present subjunctive of torturer.
- Second-person singular imperative of torturer.
- Plural form of tortura.
Elsewhere on the web